Quick Slants: Preseason Week 4 (Finally)
After 4 games and a litany of NFL fraud complaints, the Packers wrapped up the preseason in Kansas City. Here’s how they fared:
- When I logged on to twitter tonight, I saw that #PizzaHutHut was trending. It hurt my soul.
- The 4th preseason game is like cottage cheese. Sloppy, ugly, and still better than no cheese at all.
- Joe Callahan excels at pulling plays out of his ear when he absolutely needs to. He’ll put together 9 drives for a total of 20 yards, then make an amazing play. He’s the Dom Capers of the offense.
- The Chiefs PA announcer is the human equivalent of the Vikings gjallarhorn.
- None of the ILB’s apparently feel like they need to prove themselves any further.
- I will never understand why teams with established kicking personnel don’t go for 2 after every touchdown in the preseason.
- Datone Jones continues to impress from the OLB spot. Plus his sack celebration is first rate.
- The Packers secondary decided to give the Chiefs receivers a 5 yard cushion off the ball. They are so sweet.
- It’s preseason for the officials too.
- The Packers interior defensive line was pushed up and down the field tonight.
- Kyler Fackrell made a lot of plays because the defensive line was so ineffective. This may have been the best game of the preseason for him.
- Look, I understand why people were questioning if Abbrederis was going to make the team. I am very glad that he proved them wrong. He may be the most versatile WR on the entire roster.
- Jake Schum is the best non ginger punter the Packers have had in the last 10 years.
- Ted Thompson has some work to do. There are numerous “bubble” players that would not be surprising to find either on the team or cut. There is a lot of talent on this team.
- Cannot wait for the regular season to start. This is going to be a fun ride.