Quick Slants Week 12: Packers vs Eagles
Everything I know about Philadelphia comes from National Treasure, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and listening to Bell Biv Devoe. Cheesesteaks, too. I also understand the fans booed Santa and like to commit misdemeanors against opposing team transportation. Speaking of crimes against nature, how did the Packers defense do?
- The first offensive drive for Green Bay was the best drive they have had in the first quarter all year long. Quick passes over the middle, picking up third downs, scoring 7 points….who knew that was still a thing?
- The Packers defense is so soft, I saw a baby kangaroo crawl inside Dom Capers toupee.
- But the offense ran a toss play on 3rd and 1 that worked. So, I guess the universe slowly letting us have good things back.
- Aaron Rodgers threw the most beautiful touchdown pass I’ve seen in a long, long time to Davante Adams, who made a spectacular catch. Man oh man, that was beautiful.
- The defense finally did it’s job and got the ball back to a red hot Aaron Rodgers, then a Jared Cook false start and an incomplete bomb to the ghost of Jordy Nelson derailed the drive.
- Mike McCarthy just loves to call timeouts on defense on 3rd and longish with less than 4 minutes left in the first half. This is a good strategy, if your defense can get stops. I swear sometimes I think that McCarthy believes he coaches a different team.
- The Packers have a tent on the sideline. What’s in there? Brett Favre.
- Rodgers came back after taking a hit and injuring his leg, which is nice. However, he reverted back to Clark Kent status. Football is a frustrating game.
- AARON RIPKOWSKI IS A GOLDEN GOD HE SCORED A TOUCHDOWN AND I ALMOST CRIED LIKE AT THE END OF FORREST GUMP HOLY MOTHER OF
- Aaron Rodgers is still a bad, bad, bad man. He owned this game from the beginning to the end. I cannot remember a better game from him since 2014, honestly. Let’s hope his leg is okay.
- It has been so long since I’ve felt any sustained joy while watching this team. They played as complete a game as they have in a season and a half. I don’t know what this means for the future, but I’m going to enjoy the hell out of it for right now.
- GO PACK GO