Quick Slants Week 5: Packers vs Giants
So somehow our players are getting hurt during bye weeks now. That bodes well. Let’s take a look at the game…
- The first drive was something the Packers have been missing for the better part of a season and a half. It was a time consuming, successful drive.
- But the next time a running play to anybody but Lacy works, it’ll be the first time.
- James Starks needs to find a pasture.
- I wish the NFL was able to statistically differentiate interceptions between poor throws and poor catches. Rodgers will be on the hook for a pick tonight that was not his fault.
- The single most frustrating thing about this team for me is that the offense takes all momentum and swiftly throws it in a garbage disposal.
- The end of the first half was pitiful football. Just atrocious. I’m at a loss for words as to why the Packers offense suddenly turns into a soggy waffle at the drop of a hat. It makes me so sad.
- I understand the whole “rest Lacy” strategy. But he carried the ball 9 times in the first half, and sat out the last 3 series. That’s just stupid. Other big running backs play entire games. He’s a professional athlete. Let him play.
- Did the first 14 minutes of the 3rd quarter happen? I don’t seem to remember anything.
- So the Packers had a hot 1st quarter, took a nap through the 2nd and most of the 3rd, and woke up again in the 4th. I have to admit it’s a nice change from the entire 2nd half nap they like to take.
- This front defensive front 7 might be the best in the NFC. Week after week they’ve just dominated the line of scrimmage.
- Although I don’t understand why Clay Matthews is not in on prevent packages, especially inside the 10 yard line. When he leaves, the pass rush suffers.
- Randall Cobb is the offensive MVP of this game. He reminded everybody of what he is. A great slot receiver.
- Aaron Rodgers had a few throws dropped. But he threw a bunch of bad passes. I’m afraid that this is how it is now, and it makes me very sad.
- Seriously, though–how about that defense??? They gave up 1 touchdown, and OBJ didn’t go off for 765 yards like everybody predicted. I can’t believe it, but Dom Capers did a fantastic job preparing for this game, especially without Sam Shields and Damarious Randall.
- Please, please, please let Eddie Lacy be okay. He ran all over the Giants. So fun to watch. He is one of the best in the game when he’s allowed to do what he does best.
- You know what Richard Rodgers doesn’t do best? Run block. He was thrown farther than most of Manning’s passes.
- See above Lacy comment, apply to Cobb.
- A win is a win. No style points awarded.
- GO PACK GO