Quick Slants: Week 8 @ Denver
I’ll keep this short.
- The Broncos’ defense hit Aaron Rodgers a ton. That will get into the head of any quarterback.
- The Broncos exposed two key problems with the Packers defense. Outside contain and poor cornerback play.
- Nice to see Micha Hyde pick up where he left off before the bye. It’s hard to keep watching Hyde trailing the tight end he is covering.
- Julius Peppers plays when he wants to. This game in Denver was not a good game to decide not to play.
- The Packers coaching staff is one of the most stubborn in the league. Why would you use so many deep routes against a team that rushes the passer so well? Also, how about moving receivers around more? How about running more bunch formations? These receivers aren’t winning one on one. Help them out a bit?
- Aaron Rodgers was part of the problem tonight. When guys actually do get open he needs to get the ball to them.
- The Packers coaching staff got out coached. As simple as that. Both teams had two weeks to prepare and the Broncos came out on top.
- This game was a disappointing reason to stay up late.
- I’ve been pretty positive about things so far. To see the Packers come out of the bye without making significant adjustments to get guys open makes it hard to stay positive.
Thank you for reading. Jeremy VanDerLinden is a lead writer and owner of Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @TTSO_Jeremy. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.