Quick Slants Wildcard: Packers vs Giants
Anybody else get butterflies in their bellies before games like this? Me either, I get ostriches. I’ve been a wreck all weekend. But enough about me, let’s see if we have anything to look forward to next week…
- The trend of starting games without a pass rush continues.
- Kyler Fackrell. Pay attention to what is going on around you.
- Aaron Rodgers had Jared Cook for a big gain if he had taken a split second longer to set his feet. Very reminiscent of weeks 1-6.
- For the majority of my life, looking at myself in the mirror has been the scariest sight I’ve ever seen. Then today I saw Micah Hyde in single coverage against the Giants WR’s.
- Rodgers came to the game today thinking that it was just uncharacteristically cold for October. He hasn’t played as poorly as he did during the 1st quarter in many weeks.
- Offensively, the first quarter of this game was the worst I can remember seeing from the Packers in a long, long time.
- I might have said some swears when Jordy got hurt.
- Okay, I said a lot of them.
- Get well soon, Jordy.
- I write bad things about Aaron Rodgers, then he makes magic. He’s a wizard. A frustrating wizard.
- Mike McCarthy with timeouts at the end of the first half while his defense is on the field is a carbon copy of me giving out Halloween candy to trick or treaters. Just get rid of it indiscriminately.
- 2011. Going into halftime. Giants had the ball at midfield. Hail Mary. Touchdown. Today, Missy Elliott came to town because the Packers put that thang down, flipped it and reversed it. Randall Cobb hid like a toddler stealing cookies and grabbed one. My goodness.
- Seriously, I don’t know what happened with this game, it’s so confusing. Rodgers sucks until he doesn’t, then he can control the ball mid air like in NFL Blitz. The defense sucks until they don’t, then they clamp down like a brick on an aluminum pipe. It’s too much for my heart to take, I swear.
- Marshall Newhouse made Clay Matthews look bad so many times. This is real life.
- Landon Collins hit Ripper with everything he had and Ripper just stared at him. I wouldn’t want to be Collins.
- Damarious Randall made a few nice plays, then gave up a bomb. I don’t know what happened to him this season, but it’s become obvious that he’s most likely a bust.
- Welcome back Randall Cobb. I made a huge mistake when I said the Packers should cut him by next year for salary. I’m an idiot, I can admit it.
- Look. It’s a regular season award, I know. But Aaron Rodgers is the MVP of the National Football League. There is no question. None. Zip. The first quarter of this game was awful, and he willed them to come back. Without Jordy Nelson. MVP.
- Clay Matthews waited. And waited. And waited. But when he struck, great googly moogly did he strike. He stripped Eli Manning, then hustled 10 yards down the field, made a dude go nonconcious, then recovered the ball. Good Lord.
- My least favorite trend over the last 5 or 6 years is when a group of defensive backs make up a cute nickname for themselves, get publicity for it, then are allowed to get away with murder all over the field. The Giants are the latest team to do this, with the NYPD name. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers just took care of that.
- I have to give credit where it’s due. Dom Capers adjusted during the game, and the defense turned in a very solid performance on both sides of the ball. Randall had his issues, but overall this was a playoff defense. Very impressive.
- RIPPER TOUCHDOWN LET US ALL GROW OUR BEARDS IN SOLIDARITY
- Next stop, Skeletor Stadium in Dallas. I hope the injuries heal up.
- GO PACK GO!!!