Quick Slants: Divisional Playoffs
The Packers made a return trip to Arizona, with revenge on their minds. How’d they do? Let’s take a look:
- Kick/Punt penalties aggravate me more than any other kind.
- I was off the #FireCapers wagon for a minute. But a 3 man rush on 3rd and goal is so freaking stupid it makes Kim Kardashian look like Neil Degrasse Tyson. The pass rush had Carson Palmer feeling uncomfortable, and then he inexplicably rushes 3. The anger, it burns.
- Uninspired 1st quarter drives are what killed this team the last 10 games of the year. You cannot continuously have no offense in the first quarter and expect to win. 3 quarters or a half might be enough to beat the Washington Racial Slurs, but you’re not going to get any further than that.
- If the Packers could screw something up in the first quarter, they did it. It was really a sight to behold.
- It cost the Packers their number 1 receiver, but holy hell what a catch by Randall Cobb.
- Aaron Rodgers made the most ridiculously awful, stupid throw I have ever seen him make. If it wasn’t for Frostee Rucker face palming Bryan Bulaga, that would have been a 100 yard pick 6.
- Despite having a wide receiver corps of James Jones frozen in carbonite, Abrederris, and Jeff Janis, the Packers offense really battled hard in the first half. That was very impressive to watch.
- Other than the 3 man rush on third and goal (let us never speak of this again under penalty of law), the defense had a great first half. The return of Sam Shields was the catalyst, as it allowed more man to man coverages and Capers was able to unleash his pass rush to it’s fullest.
- JEFF JANIS PLAYOFF TOUCHDOWN. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, CODE GREEN, CODE GREEN, JEFF JANIS PLAYOFF TOUCHDOWN.
- Eddie Lacy set the touchdown up with back to back rumbles that took up over 3/4 of the field. It’s almost like sticking with the running game pays off sometimes.
- Richard Rodgers caught a 5 yard flat with nobody around him, and managed to not get any yards after the catch. He truly is a weeble wobble with hands.
- What’s a catch in the NFL? I don’t know. But I do know letting a guy named “Clete” decide anything is probably a bad idea.
- I keep writing things about Damarious Randall and how great he is. It’s getting kind of redundant. But he is the future.
- Blaming the officials for anything is bad. It’s tacky, and rarely true. That being said, the officiating in this game was atrocious, and the NFL should be embarrassed. Julius Peppers was held more than a teddy bear at an orphanage. On the final Cardinals touchdown, John Brown was blocking Casey Hayward before the ball was thrown, right in front of the official. There were several borderline pass interference calls that any receiver not named Abbrederris should get. Jeff Janis was blatently interfered with on 3rd and 20 at the end of the game. Just a terrible showing by Clete Blakeman’s crew.
- Sam Shields is a great cornerback, and as I said earlier, his return paid dividends in the first half. But he dropped 2 easy picks and a 3rd that was a bit more difficult. The last one would have probably been returned for a touchdown. 2 plays later, the flukiest of fluke touchdown passes from Palmer to Fitzgerald to Floyd. It’s just the way this year has gone.
- Aaron Rodgers made incredibly stupid play number 2 after the 63 yard bomb to Janis. Why on earth did he run a play and not spike it? There’s no words….
- It’s pretty normal to throw 2 hail mary touchdowns in one season, right?
- Jeff Janis for every imaginable electable position.
- I cannot believe that I saw that.
- Nope, still can’t.
- Still trying, but I can’t.
- Maybe tomorrow.
- The defense played so well until the 4th quarter, then overtime. That play to Fitzgerald is going to haunt the Packers for a long long long time.
- I am sad, I am angry, I am overwhelmingly disappointed. The way this team battled back after Cobb got hurt, the way the defense kept them in it…..for a minute I really thought this was a magical year. Flashbacks to 2010 started playing in my mind. To lose this way….it hurts. It hurts really bad.
- Until next year, Packers. Come back healthy and ready to dominate. I can’t wait.
- GO PACK GO.
Thank you for reading. James Korsmo is Lead Humor Writer at Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @jksub20. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook
Tags: Cardinals, Divisonal, Packers