Quick Slants Week 17
- Live by the fake punt, die by the fake punt.
- Let this sink in….the Packers backup linemen are so devoid of talent that Mike McCarthy had to move a Pro Bowl guard to left tackle. A man that is one of the best at his position in the league could not play that position because there was nobody else who could play left tackle. And it cost the Packers 7 points in the 3rd quarter.
- Eddie Lacy should run north and south. The only reason he should be going east or west is if the ice cream truck is headed that way.
- Adrian Peterson has averaged over 6 yards a carry off either edge against the Packers for the past few years. I’m no Cris Collinsworth, but I believe that is not good.
- I’m going to say it, and it’s only the middle of the 2nd quarter: The Green Bay Packers wide receivers seem like nice guys, and great teammates. They do a lot of community service around the state, and are humble. I’m sure they even smell nice. But they are more often than not miserably awful, terrible, ineffective, lame ducks on the football field.
- Yes, it cost an unnecessary roughness penalty, but sweet sassy molassey do I like my Clay Mathews pissed off.
- 3rd and 5. Screen pass to a partially deflated weeble wobble named Richard Rodgers. Why, Mike? Why?
- I couldn’t define pass interference in the NFL for you right now if you paid me.
- I feel like if you are trying to draw a defense offsides, it’s probably a smart idea to MAKE WORDS COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, BRIDGEWATER. Claps aint’ gonna cut it.
- During the first half, a thought occurred to me. Maybe this is the Packers way of defending against the Vikings purposely tanking. Think about it….the Vikings win, they play Seattle. Green Bay knows this, so they suck worse than the Vikings to make that happen. I’m a professional straw grasper.
- Instead of giving up a spirit breaking end of the first half scoring drive, the Packers were resilient enough to hold off until the first defensive series of the second half. Good for them.
- Micah Hyde’s interception was better than any catch any of the Packers wide receivers have had this year.
- Josh Sitton plays left tackle like a guard. Always looking to help a teammate and sliding out wide instead of engaging. Not good for a tackle to do those things, and it got Aaron Rodgers sacked a few times.
- Richard Rodgers jumping is adorable.
- I SAW RICHARD RODGERS BREAK A TACKLE YOU GUYS I’M NOT KIDDING HE DID IT FOR REAL!
- Mason Crosby > Julius Peppers
- John Kuhn hurdled a guy. WTF universe am I living in?
- If the Packers offense played the entire game the way they play the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter when they are losing by a few touchdowns, they would be undefeated.
- Except in the red zone. It’s unbelievable how bad the Packers are in the red zone. Aaron Rodgers throwing interceptions on 4th down bad. I have no words, and frankly I don’t want to have words because that means that this is the reality we are living in.
- I’m not saying the Packers can’t win next week. Or that they won’t win next week. But I’m not breaking out champagne. I’m probably going with straight grain alcohol.
Tags: Championship, Packers, Suck, vikings