Quick Slants NFC Divisional Round Packers vs Cowboys
Every week during the playoffs is like added weight to my anxiety. I feel like BJ Raji unretired just to sit on my chest. Sweet Penelope’s Gravy, let’s get to it.
- Nice opening drive stand by the defense. Give up 3 all day long.
- Aaron Rodgers created 2 penalties in one drive. One resulted in a first down on 3rd and 5, and the other a touchdown. He’s good at quarterbacking.
- The referees were so confused by a penalty that never happens, that they screwed up the yardage. Professionalism.
- The refs also missed Orlando Scandrick ripping Davante Adams’ jersey half off.
- I’m so happy to see Ty Montgomery score in a playoff game. That guy has earned everything he can get. He’s been the unsung hero (okay, sort of sung, but you know what I’m saying) all season long.
- When the Packers offense is humming, there is no better group of players in the league. None. Nobody. It’s not even close.
- Ladarius Gunter vs Dez Bryant 1 on 1 is not a fair fight. Gunter needs help over the top.
- Morris Claiborne held Davante Adams so much that he should have bought him dinner first. No flags. I don’t know how the NFL operates with such terrible officiating.
- It’s truly amazing how one play can change momentum. Christine Michael muffing a kick out of the end zone and getting tackled at the 3 yard line really was the catalyst for a less than optimal ending to the first half. The offense couldn’t overcome the referees vision problems, the Cowboys got the ball back with a short field. The Packers defense held the Cowboys to a field goal, but if Michael was able to catch the kickoff in the end zone for a fair catch, who knows what Green Bay could have done?
- Kentrell Brice lit up Cole Beasley, though. Whooo doggy.
- The Packers offense ended the first half at a polar opposite from where they started. Complacent, off kilter, not efficient.
- ……..And then halftime was over, Aaron Rodgers remembered that he’s the MVP of the league, and had one of his best drives of the season. The play fake to Montgomery before the TD pass to Cook should be shown in holographic form at the Smithsonian.
- Micah Hyde is the most versatile defensive back on the team. He read Dak Prescott like a tweet and picked off a screen pass like I used to do in Madden 95. (I’m old)
- Aaron Rodgers is human sometimes. Bad time for a pick.
- I’m not going to go into specifics about the 4th quarter meltdown, but it was in all phases. Everything was awful. I don’t even know where to start or end, but I am beyond absolutely disgusted. The defense blew a 21-3 lead, the offense went vanilla at the wrong times, Rodgers underthrew Cook for a pick, Michael screwed up a kick return….just a cavalcade of disasters. Somebody has to be held accountable for this. But it’s Green Bay, so don’t count on it.
- AARON EFFING RODGERS IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THERE IS NO ARGUEMENT THAT YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT THIS. HE IS A GOLDEN GOD AND WE SHOULD TREAT HIM AS SUCH. OH MY GOD.
- Re-sign Jared Cook right now in the locker room. Give him a piece of paper and tell him to write down a number, and when he writes down the number, you GIVE HIM THAT MONEY.
- Mason Crosby is the most awesome dude with gray hair since Santa. I love him.
- I love you too.
- Cannot wait for Atlanta. Let’s go!!!!
- GO PACK GO